Thursday, October 4, 2007

First week in College or rather Uni!

Officially moved into my 'home' for the year-Guthrie House, located DIRECTLY opposite the Lanyon Building (main building). Guess I was lucky-very close to my classes most of the 1st years are in Elms Village which is a good, long ,hard 15 minutes alk uphill for them everyday. Downside-I'm living with all the post-grads (ppl doing their Masters or PhDs/old ppl!) not that I really care. Its a flat/appartment thingy where we share the toilets and showers as well. But social interaction is VERY limited here- each corridor has its own locked door ,restricting access to other people's room (girls espeacially!) so basicly get to hang ut with ppl in the same corridor only-a spainard, an arab ,a few americans ,a few locals , chinese guys and a vietnamese and on top of that , throw in a 18 year-old sesated Malaysian undergrad. Very multi-cultural heh?

Got a laptop yesterday for about 500£++ at Currys in Belfast city-happy with it so far. Free internet in the room some more.... Needed it to download all my lecture notes from Queens Online anyway. Someone forgot to tell me that uni is WAYYY.....harder and different than school or college man. So many people-we mix with the chemistry students for most of our lectures. Theres only like 20 of us chemical engineers but like 50 of them!

So here I am studying at the apparently no 2 uni for Chem Eng in the UK-something to smile about in the future. :) First day, first lecture-got lost had trouble finding the lecture hall in the David Kier Building to make it worst, they changed the room numbers recently so I was 15 minutes late! besides, I already missed 1 week of the lectures so I was a 'wee' lost on the first day. Slowly caught up eventually (I think!) after spending an hour everyday on revising.

Jeez...its soooo big that you meet new people everyday! plus I'm very bad in remembering people's names! - 'urgh....hi!...er...yea, How are you? er....whats your name again? Joined the badminton club here as you can OBVIOUSLY guessed its great!

Getting a taste of college life now, starting to enjoy it! :) Got a fancy glass trophy after winning the September Open Round Robin (badminton) in Dublin last week! :) Nice trophy....best one so far....

2 comments:

Jin said...

Is your laptop a gaming laptop?

Spongy_And_Bean_Fan said...

Nope..... :(