Saturday, May 30, 2009

Awesome...

Just found this long lost tune I heard before somewhere when I was younger,
-'Memory' by Elaine Paige (from the play Cats) and some songs by Lobo, Bay City Rollers; ancient songs really..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s96NZoeDs68
Taken from the original play.
probably was the super old cassettes my parents listen to which were suposed to be popular back in their time..
Like recently uncle Ding and me found ourselves driving down to Cork in the south for a golf tourney, a five hour gruelling night drive through the irish country side so I don't blame him for falling asleep behind the wheels (plus he's old!), what we ended up doing though was blasting some ABBA songs and singing along to them flying down to Cork 120km/hr(more actually) in his 4 wheel-drive-portable-karaoke...
Ignoring the usual standard cheesy 70's/80's/90's lyrics, they actually made some good music back then.. apart from (again) the VERY cheesy lyrics..
Just reminds me of those 3 hours balik kampung journeys to Ayer Tawar, Perak.
Reminiscing on those days only makes me home sick sometimes minus the singing along of course, which was desperate to keep the car on the road not some ditch ahead.
Noooo...part of me wanna go home now!
So much for staying back this summer anyway. Remembered the last time I was home, saying goodbye to my grandfather back in Sitiawan before I leave. I wasn't goina go home the next summer(i.e. next time I will be home is in 2 years) knowing that, he said(in mandarin of course) 'study well, next time you come back, you can come back and see me again, I will wait for you to return..' Those words slowly sank into me on the 3 hours back to Subang trying to imagine my old grandpa sitting waiting on the porch which he usually does whenever he knows we're coming back...The truth was, my grandma passed away last CNY hence my 'ah kung' being lonely and slowly losing the will to live. His slowly failing health conditions only makes me wonder if that could be the last goodbye..
Shrugging that thought aside, some good news, got a bloody hard paper on monday while the weather is being a bitch by being so nice and sunny while I'm stuck inside studying..
Back to work.. can't wait for next fri. Fun and games all the way!

No comments: