Wednesday, October 1, 2008

First week of uni.

Back to uni!
2nd year now. AND apparently , quote Dr.Ahmed ' ..don't mean to scare yous but this is the hardest year..' wtf..
That futher backed by the Heat Transfer stuff we found ourself in during our very first lecture by Holland..gowsh.. its like trying to grab an eel in murky waters. Serious.

On the social side, gone up to the same clubs as last year and took up canoeing this year as well instead of rowing coz its 'bad' apparently (Rob)
Signed up in the OTC as well in Queens this year to see whats it like. OTC = Officer Training Corps up in the Malone road. Don't really mind the discipline now, been a lil sloppy lately.. Just signed up there today. You see the amount of forms you have to fill in and sign, even more than my visa application I think! besides a medical check up. By the way, the OTC is part of the TA (Territorial Army) in the UK. You get paid for it, 38 bucks per day at the OTC. They do all the military stuff plus 'adventures' like hiking, climbing, navigating and all that shit in different countries. So fingers crossed if I can get in and if it all goes well, I'll get my gear next wednesday (uniform and all!) How cool is that?

Nearly failed the medical test.. They have some thingy where you blow into it and it shows how hard u blow and all according to your height and age. Apparently I got narrower tubes in my lungs..so maybe thats why I didn't get the 570 for my age group but rather the 350 in the first go. The big tattooed, muscular ,mean-looking doc was actually sound and let me repeat it a few times till I got my shit together for a 500 (one needs at least 80% of the average) So I still need to clear up some paper work with them and that should be it! fingers crossed*

No comments: