Thursday, July 12, 2007

Lets Go Blogging Again!

It's been a while since I've 'bloged' since the birth of spartan117 to the abandoning of d'oragepetit.Plenty has happened since then..but I just can't forget my memorable but extremely hairy flight home a week ago-Premierment,bad weather in Dublin delayed my flight to Schipol Airport (Amsterdam) by nearly an hour and i have to catch my connecting flight to KL.Supposingly I have 1hr +45mins to kill time at that airport according to the schedule but we can all thank St.Patrick for the rain...8.35pm-arrived at Schipol Airport and the flight thats goina take me home to my family and friends departs at 9! They're goina leave without me! So I dashed off the plane and pegged it to the flight gate *pegged-as in run like hell ,only then I bitterly remember how freaking big this dutch airport is....anyway,arrived at the boarding gate 15 mins b4 they can dump 'Wong' out of breath but relieved like hell ,thats what I think anyway.Proceeded to check in and was about to board the plane when I got a bit curious and asked the dutch air-stewardess -'my flight from Dublin just arrived about 20 mins ago,I just wonder ,is my lugages on board?' then in slow motion,and in a 'matter-of-fact' tone,-sorry sir,u made it but your lugage didn't-I was like-What? My head's goina be on a pike if I eva return without my lugages...After discussing the problem with a few of them, Aer-Lingus the Irish airline is goina pay for making me stranded here a night-got the next ride home and a 3* hotel paid for by Aer Lingus.So much for pegging-it....
Reached the hotel at 11pm,exhausted (48 hours almost no sleep) but decided to watch some dutch tv till 3 in the morning instead of sleeping.Got up at 6,get breakfast and returned to the airport again.Proceed to check-in the MAS airline flight thinking of roti telurs until another 'matter-of-fact' tone asked for my lugage codes leading to a in-depth search of my pouch and pockets to find it missing! Was thinking -I just wanna go home! Went straight to the KLM customer service and asked them to search their pcs for flight details of the unfortunate passenger-Mr Wong ,flight EL106 from Dublin-'do you have my lugage code?'.........thank heavens they do ,wrote it down and returned to the check-in place and skipped the long queue there thinking-I've been thru enough shit to queue up,if only I knew there was more.........
Finally boarded the KL-bound plane plus window seat! I thought my luck was changing only to find one of my lugage missing at KLIA. A visit to the lost and found and a complain was lodged.Went on to meet my mum an hour later that promised and home finally......Went out to mamak with Jin the next day and saw a van in front my house,a man exits the vechicle as I approached him-Mr Wong? I'm from MAS,I've something of yours......

No comments: