1st day back in uni officially after our 3 week long easter break, a monday..
Also happened to be our 1st class trip ever (that doesn't involve any alcohol what-so-ever). Visited the DuPont factory in Derry/Londonderry. Pretty interesting trip I think. Revived my dying interest in my increasingly boring course - Chemical Engineering. In fact I used to quote it as '..a dry and boring subject..' A visit to the Kevlar(body armour) plant turned it 180 degrees around I guess..lol.
The workshop we had at Dupont was pretty cool if not interesting about the Texas City BP plant explosion in 2005. We were looking at what went wrong, causes and effects etc.. Toured the plant as well, no pictures unfortunately tho no cameras or even mobiles allowed on site. Friggin plant produces the kevlar polymer used in the production of body armour for the US military so its supposingly 'top secret' plus only a certain nationalities are allowed into the plant(racist!)
Back to traffic-clogged rush hour Belfast at 6 and went for a long run with Jim just there. Yea, run in the rain... No complains tho, really can feel that my stamina and endurance is increasing since I joined the OTC after all the shit they put us through I guess.. Less than a month to finals, so back to work!
(+design project + holland's 2000 word essay!)
Don't ask me how I'm goina do it..
No comments:
Post a Comment